Thursday, May 27, 2010

Salad with Veggie Burgers

After steak night and two dinners out, we were in serious need of something light and healthy. So we made a salad. But we were also hungry so we put in Morningstar burgers (is there any other brand? No. There is not.)

The salad consisted of shredded iceberg, diced tomato and cuke (de-seeded of COURSE), toasted, diced Morningstars and cheese. We bought Feta but it smelled weird, so we used shredded mozz.

For a dressing we've become partial to mixing mayo with hot sauce - the Goya ones with wooden caps and some Mexican hechsher. We had ancho and chipotle flavor, and we mixed both in.

I was ravenously hungry and didn't think this salad would fill me up, but it did. To be fair, I also ate half an apple and a some carrots, but still. Before the salad, I was threatening to dip into the ice cream, and I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO when I was done. Because I was actually full. I speak the truth.

Although I did sneak a spoonful of whipped cream before bed... I'm only human. Sorry Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. goya one with wooden cap and mexican hasgacha...
    Cholulah?
    it's a fantastic one
    don't think its goya

    ReplyDelete