Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Budget Menu in Season Only, Please

One of the challenges Yoni and I have talked about recently is keeping variety in our meals despite certain limitations. One - budget, two - availability of ingredients, and three - time. I have been doing a lot more of the cooking lately AND I'm constantly looking for new recipes using "old" ingredients. Plus I should probably mention that we don't have an oven yet which means I need recipes that I can make on our two measly electric burners.

So, I think I may have a solution. In addition to posting different recipes I/we make, I'll also focus on different foods one at a time, possibly talking about them a bit (although that's really more Yoni's thing), but really just collecting a whole bunch of interesting/delicious/simple recipes with ingredients that I can easily find. This is really an exercise I want to do for myself but since I would have found this helpful (had this already existed... maybe it really does) I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment