Monday, June 13, 2011

Spicy Mexican Eggs and Potatoes


Eggs and potatoes are the two food items we always have around. I wanted to try something different with them so tonight I made Spicy Mexican Eggs and Potatos or at least my version of it. First off, I made my own Fajita seasoning since I didn't have any. I left out the cornstarch, chili powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper since we didn't have any but it still tasted good so edit away. To make the eggs and potatoes I basically followed the recipe only I used a green pepper instead of a yellow (they're cheaper/do yellow peppers exist in Israel?), boiled the potatoes whole (just because I didn't pay enough attention to the recipe), and I let the potatoes fry for longer than a minute to see how crispy they'd get (I like crispy fried potatoes - who doesn't??).

Recommendation: if you're going to try this recipe, dice the potatoes and then boil. Peeling and dicing hot potatoes is a challenge. Also, I basically skipped the heatproof dish under a grill business since I didn't really know what that meant/how I could implement that part.

All in all it tasted good although hash browns with the fajita seasoning and regular old scrambled eggs/omelettes would have tasted just as good if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment