Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Got Cabbage?


Cabbage is a great sources of Vitamin C (surprising to me) plus all sorts of other good stuff and it can be really cheap. (Yes, that will be a theme.) I actually came across a site with over 200 cabbage recipes!

Things you can make with cabbage:

1. Turkey Cabbage Wraps
I used to eat these all the time in college. They were absolutely delicious and so easy to reproduce that I convinced Yoni pretty quickly. (See this previous post.) Whip up some coleslaw (I like to add mayo, vinegar, salt, black pepper and maybe a bit of garlic), get your tortilla wraps out, lay down your turkey deli slices, pile on a bit of coleslaw, wrap up and enjoy!

2. Coleslaw
Try above recipe or see this post.

3. Stir fry
Cabbage is a great base for a stir fry with tofu (marinate in sauce beforehand), mushrooms, snap peas, carrots, celery... etc.

4. Sauerkraut
Courtesy of the cabbage website, here's a really simple recipe. Seems like it could get more complicated but that's up to you.

5. Cabbage Casserole
This looks interesting. I would substitute ground veggie meat instead of ground beef and I definitely think we'll be trying this out soon with all our leftover cabbage.

6. Red Cabbage and Apple Salad
Yoni makes a salad like this and adds roasted walnuts.

There are of course, many other recipes of things you can do with cabbage including soups and stuffed cabbage but that's about it for my easy and/or tried and true suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment