Thursday, June 24, 2010

Asian flavor Morningstar burgers

This is going to be a slow week for SupperForTwo. Rachel and I have social engagements for every single night this week except tonight (I know, I know, we're so popular). And tonight, we were way too tired to cook anything real so we settled on grilled cheese for Rachel and Morningstar Asian Veggie Patties for me.

Sadly, I can't really recommend these patties. They taste strongly of ginger, carrots, and zucchini. Unlike Morningstar's regular veggie burgers, these leave out the meaty soy protein and instead have the kind of filler you see in the "vegetable patty" variety of veggie burger, or the kind of food yeshivot in Israel serve as the tzamchani option.

They don't deserve a picture, even if I'd remembered to take one. Stay tuned for a return to the usual culinary standards next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment