Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spanish risotto and zucchini

I kind of made up Spanish risotto. To make regular risotto, you saute a chopped onion in butter, then add dry risotto rice, then add water or stock a little bit at a time, letting the rice absorb the stock bit by bit, until all your stock is used up and your rice is super creamy. For more details, consult the Internet.

So to make Spanish risotto I chopped an onion as well as a green pepper. I meant to use the red pepper we bought but I spaced out and used the green pepper instead. Spacing out is a common trait among superior chefs.

Anyway, I then added the rice as usual, along with some garlic, pepper, paprika and oregano. Instead of using stock, though, I used 3 cups of water mixed with a 15 oz can of tomato sauce. At the end I threw in a couple shakes of vinegar, and seasoned the rice to my liking. End result - creamy rice with a kick of tomato and pepper. And enough for lunch the next day, too.

To make zucchini, I just sliced 2 zucchinis into rounds and sauteed them in olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep 'em moving or else they'll stick to the pan. They were savory. No leftovers from these babies.

1 comment:

  1. yoni i roasted yellow and green zucchini slices for shab on friday night, i cut them up most thin some abit thicker, literally just drizzled EVOO on it, sprinked salt and pepper and stuck it on the top rack and put it on broil...SOO GOOOD def doing that again

    ReplyDelete