Friday, June 4, 2010

Stir fry with rice

Tonight we made a great stir fry. First, I prepared the following:
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 3 pressed cloves of garlic, mixed with garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and coriander
- mushrooms cut into small chunks
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 package of tofu, cubed, mixed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and garlic powder

To make the stir fry, I first cooked the onions over high heat, in vegetable oil, for about a minute. Then I added the garlic, and cooked for another 30 seconds. Then, I added the pepper and then the tofu. I added the mushrooms last. To the whole thing I added some more soy sauce, some more rice vinegar and a little bit of sugar.

We had it with rice. Maybe not the most sophisticated stir fry I've ever had, but it had a lot of flavor - salt, sweet, savory, spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment