Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making do with Cottage Cheese


This morning when I tried the cottage cheese for breakfast it didn't taste as delicious as it usually does. It wasn't as sweet and I could tell it had moved past its prime deliciousness. Since I still had quite a bit left, and didn't want to waste any (cottage cheese has become an expensive commodity around here), I looked for a recipe that would turn my sour-ing cottage cheese into a fantastic dinner. I found this sweet noodle kugel. Of course the description explains it as "old fashioned" - it's a KUGEL - and who hasn't had a kugel like this at least once in their life for a break-the-fast?

The recipe is pretty straightforward with room to change it up a bit. For instance, I didn't have any sour cream or white cheese so I used all my cottage cheese and adjusted the other amounts accordingly. I left out the vanilla since we didn't have any and used bran flakes instead of corn flakes (another item I was looking to use up). I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with cheese, eggs, sugar, and noodles. YUMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment